Newfoundland cookies and squares are still available for sale but not for long. We will be taking orders until tomorrow December 11th (or until 30 boxes have sold), and Bill Nesbitt will deliver them on December 16th and 17th on his recumbent bicycle.
Each box will contain 13 pieces. The recipes are traditional favourites from Newfoundland:
- Lassy Mogs -soft, spicy gingerbread cookies with dates and nuts
- Date Crumbles – rich, buttery Newfoundland date squares
- Five Star Bars- chewy coconut bar topped in chocolate
- Nut Sandies- buttery shortbread snowballs with pecan pieces
They will be nicely packaged and make a lovely gift if you have the will power not to eat them yourself! Bill’s original artwork label will feature Newfoundland Mummers this year (as opposed to the gorgeous puffins of latter years) and recipes will be sent by e-mail to each customer.
Still just $20 a box, and all proceeds go to Hamilton Sings! Community Choir.
Place your order by sending an e-transfer to email@example.com with a delivery address in the e-transfer message line . . .
Piper has kindly provided the following list of songs she taught us this term with links to the composers websites so you can check them out and consider purchasing their work:
- Heather Styka – Love Harder, https://heatherstyka.bandcamp.com/
- Lacey Hill – Love Is Love, https://open.spotify.com/artist/2wpygCAEcNNSRxpLdrLQap?si=fa8q5PtgTz69JlJ1FwGXdA
- Travis Knapp – Walk With Me, http://travisknapp.com/shop/
- Corin Raymond – Already Then, https://corinraymond.com/music-merch
- Bread and Roses / Du Pain Et Des Roses – https://canadianlabour.ca/the-poem-that-inspired-a-movement/
- Piper & Carson – The Unknown, https://piperandcarson.com/
Fellow choir member, HS! sponsor and marketing guru Denise Bedell has marshalled her company’s resources at Content Innovo to produce the following video promotion for HamiltonSings!. The multiplying effect of social media is undeniable so you’ll be doing your choir a great favour by copying the link below and sharing with everyone in your digital world:
Take note that our final rehearsal for this term is tomorrow, Saturday December 11th, however the Hamilton Sings board of directors will be meeting this coming Monday to firm up details regarding our next term’s return to live rehearsals. Expect to hear from us a few times over the course of the Christmas season and early new year regarding all the details.
So, we’ll need volunteers to help guide the re-opening and growth of the choir, especially in the first few weeks of our live restart. Hamilton Sings is entirely run by it’s volunteers and the more that can participate, the better the choir functions. So please drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can give some time getting us up and running again. We’ve heard from a few of you but still need more hands.
Christmas is coming, the season for gift-giving. Newfoundland cookies ain’t your thing? Then consider buying the gift of a Hamilton Sings membership for your near and dear. Send an e-transfer with the details to email@example.com today.