Dear fellow singers:
By now, you’ve met one of our current music leaders, Piper Hayes. Many of you have yet to meet her partner at Hamilton Sings, Hanna Bech Mathieson. Here is the link to their respective bios on the HS web site:
HS!CC Term dates to remember: And invite your friends to join our community while the term is young!
- (January 14) Done.
- (January 21) Done. Harmonies and embellishments were added to previously introduced songs “Skybound” and “We Ain’t Gonna Give It Back”. Piper taught a new song “Sweet” and spoke of the origins of Traditional music. A fun and interesting session.
- January 28 – rehearsal
- February 4 – rehearsal
- February 11 – rehearsal
- Feb. 18 – no rehearsal due to Family Day weekend
- February 25 – rehearsal and performance practice
- March 4 – rehearsal
- March 11 – rehearsal
- March 18 – rehearsal
- March 25 – tenative AGM plus abbreviated rehearsal and performance practice
- April 1 – rehearsal
- Apr. 8 – no rehearsal due to Easter weekend
- April 15 – rehearsal
- April 22 – choir run through
- April 29 – brush up on concert material, last rehearsal before dress rehearsal
- May 6 – dress rehearsal, time and venue TBA
- May 7 – Term concert, time and venue TBA
Reminder that the private members page is at your disposal now. Password is sings!2022. Our web address is hamiltonsings.ca
Got any thoughts about your choir and how we could do better? Share them anytime and drop a line to firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send term fees? ($150/term, $10/session, or PWYC) An e-transfer to email@example.com or cheque/cash at rehearsal all works fine.
Piper & Carson duo house concert
Piper and partner Carson are pleased to perform at an upcoming house concert in Dundas. If you’ve never experienced the immediacy of a live music event in a non-commercial setting, here’s a rare chance. Details are as follows:
- Date: Saturday January 28th 2023
- Time: Arrive any time after 7pm and Music starts at 8pm till 10ish
- Address: Dundas, Ontario
- Donation: minimum $25.00 per person
- Limit of 30 people for comfortable seating and an intimate show, so please donate/reserve in advance. Please note that 100% of the donations go to the artist!
- To Reserve: Contact Paul and Jane at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-627-3495
- Donation Payment Options: Cash or ETF (electronic funds transfer) to: email@example.com.
- Snacks and non-alcoholic beverages will be provided. BYOB and/or snacks if you wish.
Please pass along to friends. Come one, come all!
Take a listen to a warm tune performed by Piper and Carson and taught to HS!CC last term: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7hejWQPNJY
Here’s to a song in yer eye,