A big warm welcome to new and returning members of Hamilton Sings, one of the Hammer’s best cultural offerings. We’re a community, gathered in song, with a tune in our hearts and goodwill in our souls. Every Saturday morning at 9:45 am we come together to learn folk songs from around the world with the benefit of healthy vocal coaching from our musical directors. Do not lose sight however of our your premier focus: fun, fun, fun! We’ll be sending active membership this missive throughout the term in order to keep you up to date on what’s up.
This Saturday January 18th is our second and last Open Rehearsal before we close the term to new membership. So if you’ve got friends still sitting on the fence, it’s time to boot them off it and drag them in with you this Saturday. More the merrier!
Be aware that the January 25th rehearsal with include material that you will have already been exposed to on January 11th and this Saturday the 18th – so your efforts so far will not be for naught.
Just a few pointers on how things work around here:
- We finance our activities with a pay-what-you-can approach. You can throw some bucks in our contribution hat, make a active commitment to one of our several operational committees and/or put in some time helping out at our fundraisers. Anything you can do is greatly appreciated. A rough back-of-the-envelope estimate of supporting each chorister is $150. Please give what you can.
- We’re appreciative guests of the Sherman Boys and Girls Club and contribute to their financial health as well. You can help reduce their custodial costs by making sure your shoes are dry and any beverages you tote are in non-spill containers.
- This big old church can be drafty – dress in layers to prevent your teeth from chattering.
- Please be on time for rehearsals. Plan to arrive at 9:45 am to allow for settling into your seat and catching up with your fellows. We get underway at 10:00 am sharp.
- Sign in each and every time. Our attendance sheets provide proof of participation to government bodies that we may approach for additional funding someday. This additional funding could allow for additional activities such as workshops etc.
Heads up! Wednesday January 22nd at 7:30pm. We’ve been invited to do a presentation for 100 Women Who Care Hamilton-Wentworth at the Leander Boat House. We’ll sing a song or two, and this will be a fundraising opportunity. We’ll have a brief rehearsal Tuesday January 21st at 7:00pm (location to be announced this Saturday). Sign up sheet will be at the front desk.
Got any constructive ideas or comments? Don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We can’t guarantee how timely the response will be but your observations are deeply appreciated and help make us grow.
Look forward to seeing you all this Saturday.